Monday, August 8, 2011

Watermelon Detox Diet..oh this should be exciting!

This diet belongs to the group of extreme mono-diets (where you are allowed to eat only one product). Because of its nature the duration of the diet should not exceed 5 days.
During that period you will stabilize the amount of sodium in your organs, and as a result get rid of excess liquid and slags from your body.
Ideally you should try to consume about a pound of watermelon for every ten pounds of your body mass.
Warning: this diet is not recommended for people with kidney stones, diabetes, or pancreas disorders.
If you start feeling discomfort after the first day of the diet, discontinue the diet immediately and consult your general practitioner if your condition worsens. 
However, if you feel fine on the second day of the diet bravely continue it to the end.
You will be able to loose up to 7 pound in those 5 days.

You are supposed to eat 1 pound of watermelon 5 times a day! Holy freaking crap, that is a lot of watermelon! 5 pounds of watermelon, yikes!

Now this diet calls for a maximum of 5 days. I honestly don't think I could live on watermelon for 5 days without having a huge binge. So my hubby, myself, and my best friend are doing this detox for 3 days. That way we don't go crazy.

Today is the first day of the diet. I have yet to eat watermelon as I am still full from last nights huge dinner. But I will be cutting into my watermelon soon. I figure I bring my whole watermelon to work then cut it in a half and grab a spoon and dig in when I am hungry. 3 days. That's it. I can do 3 days! Plus watermelon is sweet and tastes really good. So grab yourself a watermelon and dig in!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment