Monday, August 15, 2011

Atkins Diet! Let's do this!

Alter your diet to match the recommendations provided in Dr. Atkins' diet. The first phase is when people on the low-carb diet should lose the most weight because Dr. Atkins designed the recommendations to kick-start the diet. Some people may lose as much as 15 pounds (6.8 kg) in 2 weeks.

  • Have 3 meals a day. You can eat 5 to 6 smaller meals, if you prefer.

  • Eat at least every 6 hours when you are awake. Don't skip any meals. The goal during Induction is to lose up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg) throughout the phase, depending on your goals.

  • Only eat enough at each meal on the low-carb diet to feel satisfied. Do not over-indulge.


  •  
    Focus on eating protein and fat during this phase of Dr. Atkins' diet.
    • Eat chicken, red meat, fish and eggs, including egg yolks, during this phase of the low-carb diet. Aim for at least 4 oz. (113 g) of protein at each meal.
    • You may be able to eat fats, such as olive oil and mayonnaise, during this phase if you are losing weight. Try to consume more poly and mono-unsaturated fats than saturated and Trans fat.
     
    Limit the amount of carbohydrates you eat every day to lose weight.
    • Consume fewer than 20 g of carbohydrates during this phase.
    • Avoid fruits and grains, such as bread and pasta, during Induction.
    • Figure out your Carbohydrate Level for Losing to determine how many carbs you can eat on the low-carb diet plan and still lose weight.
    • Aim for about 2 cups (500 ml) of cooked vegetables or 3 cups (750 ml) of raw leafy greens per day.
    Drink 64 oz. (1.9 L) of fluids each day to prevent dehydration during your low-carb diet.
    • Water, coffee and tea are all acceptable beverages

    Ok, well my husband and I are only doing the first phase, which is called Induction. I was going to do the diet for 5 days and so was my husband. But on Friday he has a bachelor party to attend and I am going for sushi with my friend. So it will consist of 4.5 days of dieting. I will weigh Friday morning for the results even though I will carry the diet over until the evening comes. I will still weigh Saturday morning to see how much damage the rice does.

    I am kind of excited for this diet, as I don't have to eat the same thing everyday and it will be flavorful. Even though I LOVE carbs I will live. :]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment