Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 1, Atkins!

Last night I planned ahead for my meals today. That way I didn't have to do much in the morning before work and after work for dinner. I believe this diet will be pretty easy for my husband and I. Meat! Yum! Plus everyday can be different, unlike the past 2 diets.
This morning I woke up extremely late and was late for work. But before hand I did weigh as I had 4 days off from dieting. I gained 3 pounds. So I need to get those 3 pounds off plus some...hopefully. :] Any loss is good too me. We shall see what happens with good ol Atkins. High fat, that's for sure.

Thank goodness I cooked my breakfast last night. I was able to pop it into the microwave and head out the door. I probably should have ate more but I'm not a huge breakfast person. Also, I am not a fan of eggs. I eat them but the thought of them sometimes grosses me out. Here is the menu for today!

Breakfast:  Mini Egg Poppers (Recipe at the end)

Lunch:  Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Ranch
             Grilled chicken, shredded cheese, cucumber, and ranch dressing wrapped in lettuce.

Dinner:  Steak, Chicken, & Veggie Kabobs.
               Onions, Mushrooms, Yellow Squash, Zucchini. With marinated Chicken and Steak. Of course I              checked the carb count in marinades and made my own.



MINI EGG POPPERS

I had a mini muffin tin that would hold 10 mini muffins. Which was great for exactly 3 large eggs! This is the easiest recipe ever.

3 Large Eggs
As much shredded cheese as you would like
Any kind of meat
Salt
Pepper
Green Onions (Optional)

Spray the muffin tin with Pam spray. I whisked the eggs and shredded cheese together. Then I put in the condiments I wanted into the the little muffin holes. I used sausage in some, ham in some, mixed both, some with green onions. It all depends on what you like. Then ladled some egg into the muffin holes. Put in the oven at 350 degrees for around 8 minutes I think. I put them in a plastic baggie so I could just grab and warm them up. They're great!!

I would eat those on a normal day with out dieting! Kids will love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment