Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 2 of the Zumba 5 Day Express Diet

Wow I made it past the first day! Yesterday was hard for me. I think about food all day while I am sitting at work. My husband had an easy day until it came to night time. As he is a night time snacker, so that is when the cravings started to hit him. I am ok when I am at home. I have lots to do to keep me busy. My 1 year old alone keeps me busy and running around all night until he passes out.
Last nights dinner was very good. It was a lot of food though. What 4-6oz of lean meat, a potatoe, & unlimited veggies is a lot of food!? Yes, indeed it is. I love steamed veggies so I piled quite a bit into our dinners last night.
Today's breakfast consisted of the same cereal but with 1 cup of blueberries. That is a lot of blueberries! Thankfully they were all nice, plump, and sweet. I normally only eat blueberries in pancakes and muffins. I like blueberries but I have never been one to just sit there and eat them out of the container. I did take a picture of my breakfast for you to see.
I had a doctors appointment this mornin so I rushed when grabbing my lunch and snack. I forgot my non-fat yogurt dip for my veggies! I was actually pretty excited to have that dip.I made it last night and it was good. I will just eat some of the veggies with out the dip when I get hungry. My salad for lunch was better than yesterdays. I added some red bell pepper and cucumber to the mix this time to give it a little more flavor. Ofcourse I also took a picture of lunch for you to see.
Yum right? Even though I know by Saturday my 5th day I will be sick of salad. But the cereal in the morning I could get used to.

Yesterday I didn't go out to the gym. I did however go out into my pool while it was raining. Mind you the rain was pretty cold! I had to get in and scrub some green algae off of the floor of the pool. Which might I say was a small work out. Having a big towel soaked in water and skating around your pool works your legs just a tiny bit. Nothing extreme by any means! I also took a few laps when I was done. So I count that as a little exercise for the day. Tonight though I will be spending an hour at the gym working out on the Arc Trainer, Elliptical, Treadmill, and Bike. Hubby had a workout yesterday evening. He leaned the entire basement! I wish I could have taken a before and after! It was amazing. Our basement is not finished, except for my step-daughters bedroom down there. Basically it has become a huge storage unit. Now, it is nice and clean. So he was cleaning and going up and down those stairs for a few hours.

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good. I don't feel bloated or tired like normal. Which is a nice change. The diet claims you can "Lose up to 9 pounds in 5 days!!" We will see about that. My husband and I have decided next week we are going to try "The Watermelon Diet" my friend has also decided to jump on to the band wagon and try with us. More details on that come Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment